The Haskell Free Library Inc. is an American 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that serves the communities of the Vermont Quebec border area. The expenses related to operating a free public service organization and to maintaining our unique heritage building are significant. Most of the Library’s operating funds come from investment earnings. We rely on individual donors to supplement that income and to replenish the endowment for a sustainable future. Donors may support the operation of the Haskell Free Library and Opera House in the following ways.
- U.S. donations by check can be made payable to the Haskell Free Library, Inc., 93 Caswell Avenue, Derby Line, VT. 05830
- Donate online by clicking the PayPal button on the right of this page.
- Canadians requiring receipts for tax purposes may donate to the Haskell Library Foundation.
- Remember the Haskell in your will. Talk to your financial advisor about planned giving.
- Support the Opera House with ticket purchases. The Opera House exists to support the library.
- Talk to the Librarian or Opera House Manager about ongoing projects that require funding. We are currently raising funds to rehabilitate our original wood sash windows and storm windows.
- Volunteer your time.
- Join the Friends of the Haskell Free Library.
Continued assistance will enable us to maintain services, build our collections, fulfill our mission and to sustain the legacy of goodwill “between friends”.